Ethernet Connections! The family to network connectivity: After going through LAN (Local Area Network), MAN (Metropolitan Area Network), and WAN (Wide Area Network), in case of network connectivity, somehow we have found the father of computer networking technology Ethernet. But, many times we face a problem from Ethernet as it doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. Is it?Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP
Okay, to justify the problem, “Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration” which is a cause of Network Interface Card (NIC) with IP configuration failure. Here we will provide some solutions so that you can make your own opinion.
Ethernet Network Adapter Settings :
Valid IP configuration is available in updated network settings in computers. So, if you do not find a valid IP configuration, then change the settings of network settings of your computer. You can do it step by step!
Are you mugged up with the question, “ How do I fix Ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration even after going through the solutions of reddit ?” Don’t worry! we have got the best fixes for you. That irritating pop up in your computer, Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration with a correspondence note Not fixed will not bother you any more.
Because, we have got the best solutions to fix that problem for you.
First solution for Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration !
Disable Fast Start- up :
- First you go with the option, “ Disable Fast Startup”. To get this option first you need to press key Windows + X , then you will see a menu.
- From the menu choose Power options , then you will get to see the screen of power and sleep. Then you have to choose the option “What the power button does”.
If you are using Windows10 then, go to the option additional settings to find “What the power button does”
- Then click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable”
- Then you will find the option “Turn on fast start – up (recommended) , uncheck that option if it is already checked. (In some pc, there will be options save changes , click on that, after that reboot your computer)
- It will help you to start your PC faster after shut down. The re- start will not be affected.
By following the above steps may help you to fix the Ethernet issues. If it does, you are ready to go but if it doesn’t work, then you need to go through some other steps as well.
Second solution for Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration !
Reinstalling Network Adapter Driver :
- Here you need to do, reinstallation of your network adapter driver. Go to Control Panel by pressing Windows Key + X or by clicking the Start Menu search “Control Panel”
- Then select the option “ Device Manager”
- Then go to “Network Adapters” , there you will find the Ethernet Network Adapter connection.
- On that Ethernet Network Adapter connection option, you need to right-click, you will see the option for ‘Disable and Uninstall’ , first click on the ‘Disable’ option then click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- After that, when you restart your computer, Windows will automatically install the driver
- That driver may help you to get the correct Ethernet connection with Valid IP configuration.
If it doesn’t work, then you have to search for the latest driver on internet to install yourself on your computer. But, many people have followed those steps and have got the solutions on Ethernet issues.
Third solution for Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration !
Restart the Router of Ethernet Modem :
- Here, what you need to do “Restart the router and you need to check the Ethernet cable”
- Then go to your Ethernet Modem and switch off it from the board and unplug the Ethernet cable from the jack. Then wait for 5 minutes . During the wait time check the Ethernet cable to find if it causes any damage in it, in case of a torn wire you may face issues while using Ethernet connection.
- Then Restart the modem and router , and check you computer network settings to see, whether the Ethernet issues have got fixed or not.
If the above mentioned technique works , then you need not any further solutions. But if it doesn’t work, then you have to look out for more solutions.
Fourth solution for Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration !
Reset the network Settings of your computer :
- Here, you need to reset your network settings.
- Go to Settings then choose network and Internet settings option.
- Then you will see the Ethernet option.
- Click on Ethernet, you will see details about the modem and if you see the not fixed message, then click on fix the problem.
- After that, it will automatically start troubleshooting for the problem of your Ethernet Connection.
- It might Fixed the problem at one shot, or else it will advise you in a dialogue box, what you need to do next.
- Do accordingly, what it says. You will surely be able to fix the valid IP configuration issue for your Ethernet connection.
You can follow any one from the above mentioned solutions to resolve the conflicts of IP addresses.
Fifth solution for Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration !
Disable Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter :
- Here, you need to disable the “Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter”.
- Press the “Windows” + X keys to get the control panel or you can go for the control panel from the start menu.
- Then choose the “Device Manager” option from the “Action Bar” .
- Once the “Device Manager” option opens, then select the “View” option from the “Menu Bar”
- After clicking on the “View” , you need to check the “ Show Hidden Devices” option
- Then you will find the option “ Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter” and right click on it.
- After right clicking, you will find the action command of “Disable” and click Yes.
This might help you fix your Ethernet issues.
Sixth solution for Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration !
Resetting Winsock Protocol and TCP/IP settings :
- Here you need to do “Reset the Winsock Protocol and TCP/ IP settings (Command), it helps in solving many Windows errors that are directly related to an internet connection and IP addresses.
- Press Windows key + X
- Then go to Command prompt .and click on it. It will allow you to run many programs, also you can manipulate windows settings. It will perform the command of “Reset the Winsock protocol on your computer.
- Then implement two commands – netsh int TCP reset – netsh int ip reset
- Now, restart you computer to apply the changes to fix Ethernet issues.
So, you have got your solutions for Ethernet valid IP configurations. But before getting into all the above-mentioned solutions for your windows 10 computer to fix the ethernet 2 doesn’t have a valid ip configuration, first restart your computers. Who knows, you may get solutions after the restart!
Here, I am concluding the article with an affirmation, that try any one of those solutions it will surely work. Start your computer and fix the problem by yourself. Because you are the Master of your own Computer!